Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who am I?

I'm sorry; dear reader, we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I flatter myself by thinking anyone has read this blog, but in the case that someone is actually out there reading, let me explain who I am and what I do.
I've got a Master's Degree in Journalism and a Certificate in Media Industry Research; what that boils down to is that I busted my butt for a couple years to study, thoroughly and from every conceivable angle, how to ask people questions to get answers I need. I ask questions about videogames; everything from "Why do you enjoy this game?" to "What is immersion?" to "Are M-rated games higher selling?" to "Why is homosexuality not represented in games?" and back again. I'd like to find an employer that will pay me to ask questions; the first question, and a bit of the second and third, are questions an industry employer might ask me to answer for their products, and questions 2,3,and 4 are questions asked within the hallowed halls of a University. I'm new to the industry, but I'm thoroughly qualified to ask questions.
In this blog, I post thoughts, ideas, and questions I want answered. I'll cover anything that strikes my fancy, and I'll follow as far as my resources allow.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. If you want to ask a question, on any videogame-related topic, please do. I promise I'll answer it.

0 comments: