Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Long Delay

I just turned in my thesis.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the process of getting a Master's Degree, you might not fully comprehend the significance of that short statement. Those six words represent the culmination of years of research; one rather large document (107 pages, to be exact) is the only proof that I have that I have earned a degree.

I'm quite the fan of creative commons, but since there may be commercial applications for the things I found (and boy, did I find some intriguing stuff), I doubt I'll post the full version quite yet. However, let me ask you this: What if a gaming website could have you fill out a survey and answer a few simple questions about your favorite videogames, and from that simple input accurately suggest games old and new that you would enjoy? Would that be more valuable than a 10 point scale?
That's what I can provide.

0 comments: